President 2018 – 2019
Jay M. Stake is the Owner of J. & J. Consultants, established in 1996. The business initially focused on construction management; however, over the past 20 years the focus evolved to indoor air quality assessment and consultation. In 2006, Jay became President of Structural Sciences, Inc. (SSI), which focuses on serving the relocation industry.
For over forty years, Jay’s professional life has centered on the construction industry in a variety of ways:
- Crisis Management Specialist for a national contractor lumber yard
- Owner and Manager of a manufacturer of Division 10 architectural products
- Real Estate Investor and Trainer
- Certified RRP Training Provider for the State of North Carolina
- Indoor Air Quality Consultant: assisting homeowners, contractors, property managers, real estate agents, municipalities, commercial property, relocation industry, etc., on how to achieve a healthy and safe indoor environment.
For almost ten years, Jay has established and facilitated a weekly real estate group, whose purpose is to educate, train, and network with investors and real estate professionals for the goal of growing profitable businesses. Additionally, Jay has provided training to indoor environmentalists and renovators. With a sound foundation in construction, as well as knowledge of the indoor air quality arena, Jay has a unique background to his consultative role.
As the owner of a community-based business, charitable causes have always been part of Jay’s activities. He has been involved with children-focused non-profits, spearheading donation drives, and providing housing for Veterans.
In 1998, Jay became a member of IAQA and has been actively involved in the association by attending the annual conferences, serving on a variety of committees, being a member of the Board of Directors, and in 2018 being elected as President of the association. Jay’s other professional memberships include EIA, NEHA, and ASHRAE.
Jay has been married for 25 years and has two grown sons. He enjoys spending time with family, friends, and their four-legged rescued buddies, Thelma and Louise.
Letters From the President
9/26/19 – Lisa Rogers appointed to the IAQA Board
10/25/18 – President’s Update – In the Air eNewsletter
11/1/16 – Rebranding Annoucement