John P. Lapotaire, CIEC is a Building Envelope & Indoor Environment Consultant providing IAQ consultation for commercial and residential properties.
He is a Florida Licensed Mold Assessor, a Council-certified Environmental Thermography Consultant, CETC. Council-certified Indoor Environmental Consultant CIEC. John’s professional experience has allowed him to be appointed or elected to several national industry association committees and boards.
As a CIEC, he has earned the most respected certification in the field of indoor environmental consulting based on his training and field experience in building sciences, industrial hygiene and indoor environmental risk assessment. The certification documents John’s skills and knowledge regarding design, construction and operation of buildings with respect to the quality and efficiency of the indoor environment in a manner that could be relied upon by individuals and organizations seeking John’s services as a consultant or advisor for the assessment and management of new or established indoor environments.
Finding and identifying the cause and origin of an unhealthy indoor environment involves the knowledge and experience John has in building sciences, industrial hygiene and indoor environmental risk assessment.
Identifying an unhealthy indoor environment is not why clients hire IAQ Solutions and John Lapotaire, CIEC. They hire IAQ Solutions and John Lapotaire, CIEC to determine the Cause and Origin of the unhealthy indoor environmental and provide a specific scope of work designed to return their indoor environment to a Healthy Indoor Environment.
Specialties: Expert Witness, Cause & Origin Forensic Water Intrusion Investigation, Building Envelope Failure, Indoor Environmental and Indoor Air Quality Assessment, Nuisance Odor Investigation.
- Green Home Building and Indoor Air Quality
- LEED and Indoor Air Quality
- Tuning Up your Homes Indoor Air Quality
- Indoor Air Quality in Florida’s Homes
- IAQ Assessment using the 7 Principals of Healthy Homes
- Reducing VOC’s in New Homes
- Indoor Air Quality Design Considerations for New Construction
- Building Envelope Assessment
- Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation (SPF) Insulation Nuisance Odor
- SPF Insulation Build It Tight Ventilate It Right
- Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation Investigations It’s Not Always the SPF
- Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation Installed Product Assessment
- Removal and Disposal of Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation
- Preparing Mold Remediation Protocols
- Residential Mold Loss ASTM D7338 IICRC S520 IAQS
- Residential Mold Assessment ASTM D7338 IAQS
- Mold Remediation and the IICRC S-520
- Water Restoration and the IICRC S-500
- Post Remediation Verification
- Commercial Interior Fiberglass Duct Lining and Indoor Air Quality